27.2.09

butterflies

The other day I felt like butterflies were going to fly out of me so I painted them. I didn't have any more canvases so, like the resourceful college student that I am, I dug out a poster board from the recycle and painted on that. I'm pretty happy with the result, though I might go back and paint some more layers of butterflies.


Leila, Rachell, and I have also been working on this resident runway thing for a few weeks now and tonight was the show! I wish I had pictures of the ugly thrift clothes that they gave us to work with.. We started out with some ugly red slacks, a light yellow button up, a tie, and a terrible silky green dress with purple flower print on it. The project was to rework these clothes and come up with an outfit using all the clothes provided in some way and using only up to 3 accessories which could be things like shoes, jewelry, belts, hats, etc. Here's some pictures.



Most of the ones Ivan took for us didn't come out that great so hopefully Adan has some better ones from his sweet camera with the stalker lens. Also, you can't really see the back but it's essentially an open back. I'm pretty proud of the product. =]




We got all of our friends to come and vote and we ended up winning two tickets to see RENT.


On Rachell: our reworked dress, vintage Moschino belt, and Pedro Garcia platforms
On Leila: aa one piece, my target skirt from the little girls section, H&M tights, Docs
On me: aa tank, necklace from Ryan, old wet seal shorts, target tights and flats

I need to go to bed now I have to start studying for my art history midterm and working on my theology project tomorrow! Alsoooo, I'm hosting Leila's radio show tomorrow with Michael since she's at home right now. tune in from 6 to 8 by going to http://www.live365.com/stations/kxlu3?site=pro

love,
SARAH

No comments: